Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member kitcars's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers

    I have a pair of University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 musical instrument speakers 12 inch/8 ohm/100watt RMS, manufactured in Oklahoma city, Oklahoma. I'm trying to get any type of information for these speakers as I can find nothing on internet, Bill at Pro audio along with Ira at Ira tech cannot find anything, Any suggestions? Are these good speakers for electric guitar use. The cones are torn.

    Thanx

  2. #2
    Senior Hostboard Member valhallax's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 5th, 2006
    Posts
    542
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers

    not familiar with those but if you have some pics of the drivers and enclosures im sure you'll more responses...
    "those sounds to which no definite pitch can be assigned are usually classified as noise"<br />harvey fletcher-1928

  3. #3
    Inactive Member kitcars's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers


  4. #4
    Inactive Member Dr Kaja's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2009
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers

    sounds good and have various setups

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member
    University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Re: University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers

    Look like basic inexpensive guitar speakers...

    torn cones can be patched, a number of methods have been discussed here if you do a forum search...

    I wouldn't spend any money on them...for what they cost to recone you can buy new speakers.

    There's a place called warehouse guitar speakers that has some decent el cheapos...

    If I were buying cheap I'd go Eminence...
    Your neighbors called. They like your music.

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member gearfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 20th, 2008
    Location
    SEPA
    Posts
    633
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by Old Guy View Post
    Look like basic inexpensive guitar speakers...
    torn cones can be patched, a number of methods have been discussed here if you do a forum search...
    ...and might even impart 'character' for musical instrument purposes. YMMV WRT desirability of said character of course. ;-)

  7. #7
    Inactive Member 417 - Alnico's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2003
    Posts
    201
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 Musical instrument speakers

    Quote Originally Posted by kitcars View Post
    I have a pair of University Sound (LTV Ling Altec Inc) GS-100 musical instrument speakers 12 inch/8 ohm/100watt RMS, manufactured in Oklahoma city, Oklahoma. I'm trying to get any type of information for these speakers as I can find nothing on internet, Bill at Pro audio along with Ira at Ira tech cannot find anything, Any suggestions? Are these good speakers for electric guitar use. The cones are torn.

    Thanx
    Many years ago I saw a pair of them on Flea Bay...they did appear to be inexpensive, aka cheap quality...If the reserve price would have been reasonable, I would have snagged them....I was also worried that GPA may not be able to repair them if they did have issues...which I am finding a lot of speakers do sold on ebay. This is only the second time I have seen / heard of them.
    They look like they have no Doping on the Surrounds.
    Thanks for sharing them & the Picts!
    I may be wrong!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.